R1 odometer reseting

billinom8s
This post is 6256 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

on my 1999 R1 everytime i turn the ignition on the trip meter has reset and the total milage is displayed, getting to be a pain. is this a power problem(battery etc) or a dying clock kind of problem ?

if it is a power problem it must be tiny as the alarm doesnt go off to signal a power drop.

i am confused, anyone know of this fault or how to fix it???????????????????

any info would be a great help.

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

on my 1999 R1 everytime i turn the ignition on the trip meter has reset and the total milage is displayed, getting to be a pain. is this a power problem(battery etc) or a dying clock kind of problem ?

if it is a power problem it must be tiny as the alarm doesnt go off to signal a power drop.

i am confused, anyone know of this fault or how to fix it???????????????????

any info would be a great help.

thanks

FIXED IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out, the reason yams do this is cos a fault on the 'back up' circuit. If u trace from the fuse under the seat, up towards the nose cone u will come to the multi plug. i don't know about the R6 but on the R1 its pin7, red/green/white square coded wire. there was some green corrosion in the plug and when i did a continuity test the pin crumbled in the plug. pulled out the remains, removed the pin and made a new one (2 bootlace crimps soldered together). its all back together and working fine now.

hope this is of use to anyone who is having a similar problem