Meta 2 Alarm

Smileydave
This post is 6262 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi has anybody expierienced this fault.

Everytime i go to certain places and stop my bike the alarm refuses to deactivate ie imobilses my mike. its an r1 fitted with a meta 2 alarm from new.First came across this problem whils up at olivers mount uk. Having all parked up our bikes upon return my mate with a brand new triumph could start his bike due to alarm not deactivating. After calling out Garage ll the fitter did was roll the bike away down the road from the carpark. And it started. Looking around the carpark it appears that there was a mobile phone transmitter which knocked out the alarm signal ? Any way this has since happened to me twice at a different place ( Skegness Seafront Uk )after returning to my bike .after pushing it out of the way of a mast it has worked fine . some one says i could get the frequency changed ???? . Any Ideas or could it be another fault

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mate,

There have been several well known cases of this happening, te remote of alarms uses frequencies that can be interfeered with by, Radars, Mobile phone masts, and lots of other transmitters.

The garage person did the right thing and moved you away from the feild of interferance and then the alarm worked correctly.

Moral be carful where you park.

Hopes this sheds some light on the event.

Phillip W

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online