fuel problems tzr 125rr

4dl dunken
This post is 6278 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, basically, when i'm riding the bike and i have to switch to reserve the bike just cuts out, i,ve had the carb apart, check the float and float valve in case they were sticking. checked all the filters on the tank etc. thought it might be the tank breather as that was blocked solid, cleaned that all out, still does it .there deffinately fuel coming thrught the pipes from the tank, just cant seem to sort this problem and i'm getting pissed off with pushing the bloody thing home!!!!

heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp???? :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys, basically, when i'm riding the bike and i have to switch to reserve the bike just cuts out, i,ve had the carb apart, check the float and float valve in case they were sticking. checked all the filters on the tank etc. thought it might be the tank breather as that was blocked solid, cleaned that all out, still does it .there deffinately fuel coming thrught the pipes from the tank, just cant seem to sort this problem and i'm getting pissed off with pushing the bloody thing home!!!!

heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp???? :lol:

Possibly not getting enough fuel through the line when on reserve (or you're turning the tap the wrong way!) - could be blocked filter over the reserve part of the fuel tap - order a gasket (for where tap meets tank) and take it off, clean the mesh filters on the fuel tap (sitting inside the tank? - might actually be filtered in the fuel tap itself?) and replace the tap using the fresh gasket to get a good seal....

Just a thought.

Paul

(If it runs fine when on normal fuel tap position, forget about messing with carbs/air filter etc - look at the tap).

Could also be water in the fuel, only getting into the carb on reserve as lower in the tank?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online