06 R6

ginger
This post is 6137 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi this is my first yammy so i was just wondering if anyone could shed a bit of light on the rattles it makes

it's a 06 plate R6 and the brake pads make a rattling noise when just riding on rough surfaces, sound's a bit weird

but i don't know what the r6 should sound like.

If anybody has the same problem please post it to put my mind at rest cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Shouldn't make a sound.... you mite find that one of the brake shoes isnt fittin rite.

they can slip of a runner when there bein fittin work fine but move more than ideally

its easy to pull off a caliper an check.

If i remember rite its 2 size 12mm bolts per side... should ye find one loose open the caliper undo'in 2 more bolts and realign them before closin it again... if it aint that i cant help :blink:

Sometimes when pads are very close to worn they rattle as the caliper pistons retract more allowing extra play in the pad's. I've just had this with my 04 R6.

Hi this is my first yammy so i was just wondering if anyone could shed a bit of light on the rattles it makes

it's a 06 plate R6 and the brake pads make a rattling noise when just riding on rough surfaces, sound's a bit weird

but i don't know what the r6 should sound like.

If anybody has the same problem please post it to put my mind at rest cheers

Shouldn't make a sound.... you mite find that one of the brake shoes isnt fittin rite.

they can slip of a runner when there bein fittin work fine but move more than ideally

its easy to pull off a caliper an check.

If i remember rite its 2 size 12mm bolts per side... should ye find one loose open the caliper undo'in 2 more bolts and realign them before closin it again... if it aint that i cant help :blink:

cheers i will have a look and let you know how i get on thanks again.

• Who's Online (See full list)