Still here

Bello
This post is 6192 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Yep unfortunatly for NEW members I have had to make the hard decision of charging for use, it's got to the point now where I really can't afford to keep paying for the bandwidth and the software out of my own pocket. Any existing member will not be charged just for new members. Alternatively i could put banners up but would prefer not to. This small payment will also hopefully stop all the idiots we get signing up to post spam and links to their products/websites etc.

:mellow:

Yep unfortunatly for NEW members I have had to make the hard decision of charging for use, it's got to the point now where I really can't afford to keep paying for the bandwidth and the software out of my own pocket. Any existing member will not be charged just for new members. Alternatively i could put banners up but would prefer not to. This small payment will also hopefully stop all the idiots we get signing up to post spam and links to their products/websites etc.

i agree it will be much better with out the spam links to silly websites

www.toasillywebsitefulloshite.com

Guest Brian Bonner

If there's a place to donate some money, I'd be more than happy to chip in some money to help pay for the bandwidth.

Let me know where to donate, I just joined this week and haven't paid up !!!. :)

Have you a pay pal acc for donations?

I'm happy to help out :)

• Admin

To be honest would rather not accept donations as think you should get something back in return, there has been a Garage implemented where you can upload images etc of your bikes/modifications etc if you would like to help out you could always upgrage your membership to pro so that you can use it http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/index.php...utocom=registry

The club has been around for around 5 years now always completely free! But would love to be able to create more exposure of it, but of course the more users there are, the more images are hosted and downloaded the more it costs to run. But the more users who use this site the better it will be for all of us so have implemented a subscription system for new users. I don't belive any existing user should have to pay as you guys have all helped create this community. Also the payment scheme in theory will completly stop any spam and all the junk we have often had.

So thanks to everyone for helping us get this far and get using the garage ;-)

Am between bikes at the mo having sold my r1 recently, will no doubt have another soon.

What's with the £2 fee to re-regeister on the forum :blink::D

MUST BE SOME SORT OF TAX

• Admin

Only two things guaranteed in life "Death and taxes" ;)

To be honest would rather not accept donations as think you should get something back in return, there has been a Garage implemented where you can upload images etc of your bikes/modifications etc if you would like to help out you could always upgrage your membership to pro so that you can use it http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/index.php...utocom=registry

The club has been around for around 5 years now always completely free! But would love to be able to create more exposure of it, but of course the more users there are, the more images are hosted and downloaded the more it costs to run. But the more users who use this site the better it will be for all of us so have implemented a subscription system for new users. I don't belive any existing user should have to pay as you guys have all helped create this community. Also the payment scheme in theory will completly stop any spam and all the junk we have often had.

So thanks to everyone for helping us get this far and get using the garage ;-)

i am an existing member and i have just paid £2 and am pleased to have done so. best £2 i have spent!

Any existing member will not be charged just for new members.

So why did I just have to pay £2.00 then?

I don't object, after all it's a pittance for a lifetime membership, but having read this previously I was surprised that I now had to pay.

An email explaining the situation would have been nice..

So why did I just have to pay £2.00 then?

I don't object, after all it's a pittance for a lifetime membership, but having read this previously I was surprised that I now had to pay.

An email explaining the situation would have been nice..

you have a point there. email would be nice.

• Admin

Hi guys,

Im sorry for no explanation being given. Unfortunatly we are only able to send emails to users who granted us permission to do so on signing up. (There is a tick box you must have unchecked)

All users should have recived an email explaining the situation.

Im sorry that you were missed out, and its good advice given, we will put a post up explaining the situation.

Thanks for your understanding

Alex

Im sorry that you were missed out, and its good advice given, we will put a post up explaining the situation.
So long as the post can be read before payment is made... A link on the 'you need to pay' page would probably be the best solution.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online