newbe

scottydog
This post is 6280 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey every1. this is my first post so lets start with an introduction the names scott im 25 yo. i ride a 2003 r6 had it for 5 weeks now (passed my test in may) and love every moment of it!! im out on it rain and shine, but with the weather we've had its mostly rain!! :(

just 1 little problem im having with it is that sometimes it is having trouble changing up gears. say im in 3rd and want to go up to 4th sometimes it wont let me so i have to go down to 2nd back to 3rd then to 4th.

any ideas or do i need to get it checked out? thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What exectly is it doing when it won't go into 4th, is their physical resistance or is the lever moving but nothing to catch?

I've had something similar before and it was just dirty linkage around the lever not allowing it to return properley to get the next gear tapping i down slightly was the only way to move up so very similiar to your problem.

Undo the lever and clean/regrease it and then see how you get on.

What exectly is it doing when it won't go into 4th, is their physical resistance or is the lever moving but nothing to catch?

I've had something similar before and it was just dirty linkage around the lever not allowing it to return properley to get the next gear tapping i down slightly was the only way to move up so very similiar to your problem.

Undo the lever and clean/regrease it and then see how you get on.

yeah it seems more like physical resistance. dosent do it all the time though.

il do as you say and give the lever a clean and see if that does the trick.

yeah it seems more like physical resistance. dosent do it all the time though.

il do as you say and give the lever a clean and see if that does the trick.

gave the lever a quick clean up and regreased it. seems to be better now so fingers crossed!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online