Yamaha 650 Exhausts

chardin2
This post is 5516 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

New member here!! I am wanting get another exhausts put on my Vstar 650. I have looked at Vance and Hines as well as Cobra. I want it to be louder but still sound good. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

• 2 years later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I fitted the 3" Roadburner stepped pipes today to my '98 Yamaha XVS650A Dragstar and what a difference they've made. Deep loud rumble, just perfect, even better than I had hoped for. Did I mention loud? The included cores are perfect, couldn't imagine removing them or ever needing to change them. Bottom end, midrange and top end all sound excellent, better performance all round as well. I have a hypercharger and carbs rejetted and also fully recommend it. On idle, the sound is great, deep and lumpy. I had stock pipes with modded baffles before and my mechanic said these pipes won't make much of a difference, maybe a bit. Well he's in for a big surprise next service, he will hear me coming! I thought long and hard before choosing these pipes and read many forums and reviews on all available pipes before making my choice. I can tell you it pays to go that little bit further. I almost bought slip ons until I heard another bike like mine and there was no big difference between them and modded baffles in stock pipes. Almost didn't buy any pipes because of it. Luckily for me I did and I am so pleased with the result. A few more bucks for a lot more bang. Oh, did I mention loud?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online