86 radian quits

vaughn1274
This post is 6284 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My radian runs really good for about 5 minutes and then just quits.. I have fuel in the bowls and spark, but it will not start back up until it has cooled down...any suggestions??

Hi there, is it electronic ignition? If it is, could be a case of thermal breakdown?

Kind regards,

Chris Heath

The specs say it is a TCI Full transistor ignition

Hmm, could be a candidate then, transistors get very funny when they're starting to break down and are severely influenced by temperature. Often one problem is the heatsinking, partially due sometimes to the thermal transfer compound being washed out on mating surfaces. When it cuts out can you still get a spark ?

Kind regards,

Chris Heath

Hmm, could be a candidate then, transistors get very funny when they're starting to break down and are severely influenced by temperature. Often one problem is the heatsinking, partially due sometimes to the thermal transfer compound being washed out on mating surfaces. When it cuts out can you still get a spark ?

Kind regards,

Chris Heath

Yeah I still get spark, I think I have it narrowed down to the fuel system, it did it to me tuesday, Pulled the air filter and shot some starting fluid into the airbox and it started up and ran fine till it burned the starting fluid..I am going to try to drain the tank and make sure its not plugged up and pull the carbs again if need be, I still have fuel in the bowls when it acts up, just wondering if there is enough

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online