Jonesin' to Ride

Jonesey
This post is 6300 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey ladies and gents,

I used to ride dirt bikes when I was younger, but just recently got my first street bike: a 1983 Yamaha Maxim 400. I found it on craigslist and got it for $950!! It's super clean and runs perfectly. I super excited about finally having a bike and cant wait to get off work everyday just to cruise.

Anyway, I saw this forum and thought I might as well join and introduce myself. My name is Brian, but everyone calls me Jonesey(jones-E). I look forward to shooting the sh*t with everyone, and I hope you'll introduce yourself if you are a regular, even if your not...

Have a great day and ride safe.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum Brian

XS4's are great bikes!

This is the '82 Seca400 I used to ride ;) ......

Seca400.jpg

Bought it for $1000 back in '86......with only ONE mile on the clock! :huh: .......

By the time I traded it in about 4 years later........it had over 35,000 on it & was still running strong. :thumb:

Enjoy your ride Dude! ;)

You got Welsh blood Jonesy?

Yes, in fact I do.

Yamahead, I'm lovin the bike so far, it looks really similar to the pic you posted. That's awesome that yours had 35,000 miles and was still running well. That gives me hope that I'll have a nice reliable bike for a long time.