DT 125 RE 2006

MARSHY1981
This post is 6288 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys ive just bought a 2006 yamaha dt 125 re and its slow as poo :( .

can any 1 know exactly how to derestrict it and what is needed i plan to put a dep system on the bite and i have heard something about a wire from the spedo needing to be cut and earthed is there any thing else i can do any 1s help would be greatly appreciated cheers guys :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys ive just bought a 2006 yamaha dt 125 re and its slow as poo :( .

can any 1 know exactly how to derestrict it and what is needed i plan to put a dep system on the bite and i have heard something about a wire from the spedo needing to be cut and earthed is there any thing else i can do any 1s help would be greatly appreciated cheers guys :P

Hi there. Don't know specifically for your model but as a general solution there may be 2 things to look for. A lot of the smaller bikes have what looks like a penny washer in the intake (often between the carb and head) that restricts the airflow. If it has and you remove it you may have to adjust the mixture (richer I think). If it's electronic, suggest you refer to a cct diagram and check carefully because often earthing these things out makes the system think that you're exceeding the rev limit (small connection on back of counter usually).

Kind regards,

Chris Heath

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online