Dragstar - Oil in air filter

Bhells
This post is 5870 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently bought a 1100 Dragstar (secondhand) and when I opened the air filter cover quite a bit of oil came out.

I have not had any other issue ....spark plugs burning correctly... no other leaks found........no cracks etc in case.

Somebody said this could be a head gasket problem but can anybody confirm/offer advice please?

• 5 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I recently bought a 1100 Dragstar (secondhand) and when I opened the air filter cover quite a bit of oil came out.

I have not had any other issue ....spark plugs burning correctly... no other leaks found........no cracks etc in case.

Somebody said this could be a head gasket problem but can anybody confirm/offer advice please?

Not to sure about DragStar's but I know HD's have crankcase breathers that run back to the air filter. Could this perhaps be the solution???

-Ryan.

The engine has a sealed breathing system and will deposit the odd bit of oil in the intake area. There should not be much but if there is, then there is a problem with blocked breathers or within the engine itself. If it wasn't a Dragstar I would have said that someone had wheelid it too much.

Clean the intake and fit new filters and change the oil. Check it in 500 miles.

• 4 months later...

This is normal, you get some oil spray from the breather pipe from the crank!

Stu

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online