TZR125RR

fozzy
This post is 6291 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi good people,

I'm new here and require some desperate help to remove the rotor from the crankshaft of my sons Tzr 125r a 4DL italian import. As you are all probably aware a workshop manual is rarer than rocking horse shite and all pictures I've seen don't look anything like his. The windings are attached to the outer casing and rotor appears to have the starter sprag clutch bolted to it, I assume after removal of the centre nut the rotor pulls off the tapered shaft. I have a two legged puller but this fails to even look like shifting it. Any help much appreciated. Guess somebody will ask why I'm stripping it well the crankshaft seals are shot and theres some lift in the main bearings so crank coming out for a rebuild at P.J.M.E's next week if I can get the bloody rotor off.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks for the advice pal but unfortunately this type of rotor is not the type with a thread so a normal Yamaha puller wont fit. I have now managed to free it with a little brute force, actually a sharp tap from behind. Its now all stripped and cleaned ready for the crank rebuild. One bearing was shot and the oil seal not much better, but still you wouldn't be a biker if you didn't like to do a bit of maintenance now and then.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online