Help with TDR125 needed

vamp83
This post is 6290 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I have an 2006 tdr125 that I want to de-restrict, dont have a first clue

Have read that getting braided hoses, full exhaust system, fiber reeds and a better spark plug will give a better performance? I have tryed looking for these parts but nowere seems to have them for an '06, any1 no were to get hold of the parts? would it be something i could do or am i going to have to get some 1 else to do it? any help would be gr8

Cheers

Vamp

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The only bit there that will "derestrict" your bike will be the exhaust. Then you may run the risk of holing the piston.

How much extra performance are you expecting?

TBH you're better off leaving it alone and keeping it mint so it's worth more against your next bike.

I was going to have it de-restricted properly.

The bikes is being used to commute 60 miles aday dwn the motorway, when your stuck at 65 its no fun :(

Was hopin that buy doing the upgrades i would be able to do 70-75 and not kill the engine?

would just de-restricting the bike achieve this?

Cheers

Might do about that. Fiber reeds won't increase power, only improve throttle response. They also have a habit of breaking up and going through the engine!

The pipe is your best bet, unfortunately it's also the most expensive. Don't overtighten the exhaust studs as they can easily be snapped off (from bitter experience many years ago!)

There's a German TDR125 website that you can translate to English using Google Translate. www.tdr125.com

this may be of interest:

24PS

through remove the cone in the elbow union

Attention by these changes expires the operating permit of the motorcycle and concomitantly the insurance protection.

The cone sits in the beginning of the bent that can you not over see (clear narrowing), you must only the 3 small sweat näte away gotten (away chisels or with a Drehmel or so away fresen). Afterwards beautifully glat sharpen best also with one drehmel or a Schleifaufsatzt for the Bohrmaschiene, so that no more corners and edges are there and best still polish. finished

So there's a restrictor cone probably in the header pipe. May be cheaper than a full pipe.

Thanks for lettin me know about the web addy will check it out

I know there is a catalytic converter in the exhuast chamber, hence my thinkin of gettin

a new 1

Tho from what you have said i think i'll leave alone an see wat i get tradin it in when the 2yrs r up an i get a bigger bike

Thaks again for your help

Vamp

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online