cut down cans

Blaze
This post is 6292 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, i have a 2004 R1 with the under seat cans (i have akros on) and i'm thinking of cutting them down a bit does anyone know the effect it'll have on the bike? I've heard it'll run a bit leaner and i might have to get it re-mapped well to be honest i've heard a few things so i thought i'd ask on here if anyone can help that'll be great thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey there i don't know much but i do know that yammy know how to build a bike, It's a sweet new bike hun and i think that your best not cutting them down, you can buy off the market exhasts that are shorter than standerd ones. I think you'd have more luck with this option plus it'll look n sound the bomb, you may still need to re map so you run the engine exactly right, but i know plenty of people that haven't and there bikes run and sound sweet as :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online