any strat or roadliner riders/owners?

quietguy
This post is 5591 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I picked one up in April 07 and have already put on 3,000 miles. I own a 2000 Roadstar and what a difference, a huge step forward. The Roadliner just feels so much lighter, handles really well and has incredible torque. The bike is just effortless to ride. I rented a 2007 Road King and a 2007 Ultra Glide prior to my purchase and in my opinion based on my experience with HD's the Roadliner is a much better bike. The HD's felt under powered and were lugging and pinging anytime a load was put on the bike. I was constantly shifting to stay in the powerband.

• 1 year later...
:D I own a 2006 Roadliner (now has hard bags, engine guard, windshield, passenger and driver back rests...so, it's basically a Strato). I LOVE this motorcycle. My beloved 2003 RoadStar caught fire and was totaled -- the 'liner is it's replacement; and a far superior motorcycle. I've ridden numerous other motorcycles, including Harley. The Roadliner handles better, has a better power band and is more comfortable (for me at 6'4") then other bikes. It has much less vibration than other big cruisers. It handles more like a 900, yet has outstanding power and torque. Overall, it's an outstanding motorcycle. Check some of the reviews/comparisons; you'll find the Roadliner "beats" the Road King and other big cruisers. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

I bought my Roadliner last month after having not had a bike for five years. I Love it!! No real vibration, enough power to do anything, and it really turns heads. I have added a yamaha windshield and backrest. I am not crazy about any of the saddlebag options, and am going without for the time being. Despite being so heavy, the low center of balance make the bike very controllable at slow speeds. I would also like a center stand for the bike, but have not run across any that are made for the Roadliner. You can really buy them on the cheap now with this economy. I picked up a 2007 that had been sitting on the showroom floor unsold for 2 years, at a price thousands below retail. I wish that there was a forum or discussion group set up specifically for Roadliner/Strat owners, but haven't found one yet.

Cheers!

:D I own a 2006 Roadliner (now has hard bags, engine guard, windshield, passenger and driver back rests...so, it's basically a Strato). I LOVE this motorcycle. My beloved 2003 RoadStar caught fire and was totaled -- the 'liner is it's replacement; and a far superior motorcycle. I've ridden numerous other motorcycles, including Harley. The Roadliner handles better, has a better power band and is more comfortable (for me at 6'4") then other bikes. It has much less vibration than other big cruisers. It handles more like a 900, yet has outstanding power and torque. Overall, it's an outstanding motorcycle. Check some of the reviews/comparisons; you'll find the Roadliner "beats" the Road King and other big cruisers. Good luck!

I bought my Roadliner last month after having not had a bike for five years. I Love it!! No real vibration, enough power to do anything, and it really turns heads. I have added a yamaha windshield and backrest. I am not crazy about any of the saddlebag options, and am going without for the time being. Despite being so heavy, the low center of balance make the bike very controllable at slow speeds. I would also like a center stand for the bike, but have not run across any that are made for the Roadliner. You can really buy them on the cheap now with this economy. I picked up a 2007 that had been sitting on the showroom floor unsold for 2 years, at a price thousands below retail. I wish that there was a forum or discussion group set up specifically for Roadliner/Strat owners, but haven't found one yet.

Cheers!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online