Fazer starting problems

fazer69
This post is 6293 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After 4 years my 2001 Fazer 600 has finely let me down…

Started this morning without fuss, stopped at shop for pie and paper, but she failed to start, all I was getting was a clicking from under the seat (starter relay?), press button = click.

The battery is charged up fine, but bought another one and still the same.

Is this likely to be the starter/bushes, or any other part of the press button brum brum process?

Any advice would be appreciated, as she is a large part of my life, and I will need to buy the bits in, so I would hate to buy the wrong bit.

Oh, she will bump start, but thought I'd left that behind in the 80's with my XT500 :angry:

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After 4 years my 2001 Fazer 600 has finely let me down…

Started this morning without fuss, stopped at shop for pie and paper, but she failed to start, all I was getting was a clicking from under the seat (starter relay?), press button = click.

The battery is charged up fine, but bought another one and still the same.

Is this likely to be the starter/bushes, or any other part of the press button brum brum process?

Any advice would be appreciated, as she is a large part of my life, and I will need to buy the bits in, so I would hate to buy the wrong bit.

Oh, she will bump start, but thought I'd left that behind in the 80's with my XT500 :angry:

Many thanks

Could be the starter motor, could be the fuel pump not priming the system too. Check the fuses and connector boxes associated with those gubbins.

Can check the alternator when the bike is running, should be about 13.8-14.2V across the battery terminals when the engine is running if the alternator is okay.

Could also be the starter solenoid itself, have a look on the FOC-U website for better advice.

Paul

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online