Back to a yam

Scotia
This post is 6185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon all, after many years away from bikes i'm going to take the plunge and i'm very interested in a v twin virago 750 or 1100....i'm doing as much reserach as possible to find out, pro's, cons, service, parts etc...not to worried about servicing as i've been rebuilding lambrettas and vespas foir the last 20 years so not to bad on the mechanic side of things.

I'm 6 foot and would be using the bike for work and pleasure during the summer months and the odd ride out at the weekend in the winter...all your thoughts, views and opinions on the subject greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi welcome back to biking, i'm the same just got back into it. just bought a yamaha xj900f (1992) very comfy,

hope you decide on your bike and enjoy it , roll on summer asap :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Scotia, I just bought a 96 Virago 750 with just 3241 miles on her. I too wanted a 1100 Virago, but couldn't find one in very good condition. When I found this 96 I snapped it up. Turns out I'm glad I got the 750. Plenty of power for my style riding. I'm just 5'10" so the 750 fits me perfect. Pulls the wife & I like we're not there. The 1100 may have a little more room for a taller guy, but otherwise the 750 is great. I had an 86 700 Virago, but wanted something newer. Don't get an 80's model as they had starter issues which I've dealt with a lot. I also used to have an 82 Virago 750. The 82 & 86 both gave me starter drive problems. The later models have smooth starting.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online