Strange R6 problem

Rascally
This post is 6319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Wonder if any of you have experienced the following?

Bought an 03 R6 in march and it was nothing but trouble. In the end i changed it in at the palce i bought it for an 04 R6 in Ltd Edition kenny Roberts yellow, it had 1600 miles on the clock and is lovely.

Only had chance to take it out a couple of times and second time was from Southend to St Albans and back.

On the way there, banging down teh A127 and suddenl the revs start dropping and it's not responding to throttle input at all. As I slow down I drop it a gear and the revs pick up, then die again, dorp another gear they pick up briefly.. you get teh picture. In the end all I can do is pull in on right hand side of dual carriage way.. not a comfortable experience. When I stop I notice that the kill switch has been switched off!! So i flip it abck on and hey presto everything is just fine. I make it to St Albans and back again with no further problem.

So did I hit the kill switch by accident? This is not beyond the realms of possibility i guess but wouldn't the engine just die if I did this? or could it be another problem?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The kill switch would kill the engine completely and would stop it restarting so what you may have found is that the engine was trying to tick over but the kill switch wouldnt let it!

What troubles you have with your first R6???

The kill switch would kill the engine completely and would stop it restarting so what you may have found is that the engine was trying to tick over but the kill switch wouldnt let it!

What troubles you have with your first R6???

Cutting out at idle. Once the bike was hot if you pulled up at lights the engine just died.

Most discomforting, led to some horendous journeys. Was being fixed under warranty but they'd had the bike in the garage for longer than I'd had it on the road..

Eventually they decided it was the reg/rec and replaced it, but it didn't help so I changed it in.

I'd told them originaly I thought it was the throttle position sensor but they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Popped in last weekend and guess what they said the problem was?? Yup, the TPS.. if only they'd replaced it first time. Still I have a nicer newer bike now :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online