2003 Fazer600 (Gearbox noise)

mred600
This post is 6304 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've recently bought a 2003 Fazer600 and find the gearbox has quite a low pitched whine in 1st 2nd and 3rd gears, it could be there in the higher gears as well but when you are up to speed you can't hear it. This is the first Fazer i've had and the first Yamaha since a 350LC in the 80's. Is it a characteristic of these boxes or can anyone give me any advice please?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've recently bought a 2003 Fazer600 and find the gearbox has quite a low pitched whine in 1st 2nd and 3rd gears, it could be there in the higher gears as well but when you are up to speed you can't hear it. This is the first Fazer i've had and the first Yamaha since a 350LC in the 80's. Is it a characteristic of these boxes or can anyone give me any advice please?

I've not noticed a whine on my bike, but I wear ear plugs most of the time.

Paul

I had a fz600, same motor as yours, mine would wine on kickstand , found that the last gear on the shaft was press-on instead of clips. the gear had come loose and was rubbing on case. easy fix just very time consumming

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online