TDR 125 Overheating

steviem08
This post is 6228 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry if some of this doesnt all make sense. New to the bike world. had a top end rebuild on my TDR 125 a couple of weeks ago. After this it began to leak water. Got the barrel and head skimmmed and put in a new gasket set. Bike ran perfectly for about 250 miles after this but yesterday it started to over-heat really quickly. Checked coolant level seems perfect, not airlocked and isnt leaking water from anywhere. Noticed a black oily residue on the bracket near the chain. I cleaned this off to see if it was a fresh leak but after driving there doesnt appear to be any more leak. Pipes around the radiator are hot which i think means that the water is circulating!?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sticking thermostat? Siezed or broken water pump? How do you know it's overheating?

[/quote

It has a tempature gauge. thermostat wasnt opening, took it out and problem solved. Need to get a new one now.

Thanks for the suggestion

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online