Engine knocking

Dirkster
This post is 6306 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I am hoping someone might have some advice for me. I have a YP250 Majesty. On the way to work this morning I had a loss of power after about 5 mins riding. I pulled over and saw the temp guage had shot up. I switched the bike off, gave it a couple of seconds and switched on. The engine kicked up straight away and had full power, but had a knocking sound coming from the engine. It sounds as if the exhaust had popped. I got the bike home and found the oil was a bit low, operating temp was normal, but this knock was still there. If I rev the bike (reluctant to this) the knocking speeds up and gets louder. Any ideas or advice appreciated. :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum Dirkster

Forgive my ignorance, but is the YP a 2-stroke or 4? :headscratch: .....No matter, sounds like you might have roasted a rod bearing :blink: ....probably due to low oil levels.

Have you sourced the point of leakage?.......gasket somewhere? :unsure:

Hi

It's a 4 stroke. I have a feeling I may have popped one of the bearings. I haven't had time to really check anything. Dropped the bike off and ran to the train. The only thing that surprises me is that I managed to get the bike home with a burnt out bearing. I thought the engine would give a bit of grief if it was the bearing, and not really run at all.

Is there any way to check if it is a bearing without splitting the engine?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online