rear suspension

yamjamjoe
This post is 6326 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi. gang.

Recentley bought a 2000 w reg xjr 1300 sp.

Although very pleased with the bike, looks, grunt, accelaration etc. Took the bike on a short tour of the cotswolds and shropshire, with my wife, tank bag and panniers. Found the rear shocks were not quite up to the job and found it to be bottoming out and even grounding the main stand in some uneven corners.

Before we set of, id put the shocks on the hardest setting (2 clicks with the c spanners) and the circlip above the shocks is in the fourth groove. Any tips on stiffening further, or at 30,000 miles do you think the shocks are past it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

they say 30k is about the limit for a shock on bikes. if its still reasonable nick it could be rebuilt. or if not best of buyign anew one. in my opinion i would recommend hagon shocks. as they will custom build you shocks for reasonable prices. you specify the length and they make it for you. they been in business for a long time so can help you tailor your shock to your needs. that would be what i would do. especially if youre doing many miles with misses and luggage, or can be clicked down when your alone, you can also buy the fully adjustable variety from them. hagon shocks also wouldnt look that out of place on your bike. if not them then something like ohilns shocks woudl be next best. or simply a new pair of standard xj shocks.

hope that helps

Tom

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online