YB100 electrics

yb_bandit
This post is 6157 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, jus bought a sweet 88 YB100, electrics aren't great though. Took the battery off yesterday and the indicators still work with no battery, should this happen? also you have to rev it quite substatially to make the indicators work, and they have a very slow flash cycle. any kind of advice would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

everything should run without the battery, thats not a problem, the batteries are pretty useless, only 6v

on my yb when i bought it i found a few 12v bulbs instead of 6v ones, if someone has done similar to yours, that may explain why you need to rev it in order to get more power. are they aftermarket indicators? if so are they 12v indicators that have been put on by mistake.

i have the workshop manual but not handy. check the indicator bulbs and post the details, i can check if they are the write ones as the wrong resistance will affect flashing speed (or so the local garage told me!)

incidentally do you have any spare front forks for it, cos mine are knackered!

unfortunately ive got no spares, only just got it. ive just bought a new battery because the terminals on the old one had turned to powder, so i will lash it in and see how things go. the headlight, taillight, and neutral light dont work without the battery, indicators do though..??

The indicators and horn work a treat with the new battery. The headlight, taillight and neutral light stopped working the other day when my mate had a go and havent worked since. i took the headlight off and found a bundle of wires, two of which were not connected, so i have connected them up with what i think is right but still no luck. any other dogey connections you know of?

check the bulbs, make sure they haven't blown (obvious i know) and check the earth wires, if you have a bad earth it may be causing your problem. sonds like some sort of short, get an avo meter, check if there is a current across the bulb, then work through the wires till you find the problem. very tedious and exactly what i had to do with mine.

you could try cleaning all the connections with WD-40 that may help if you have a dirty conection somewhere.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online