Import R1

MrWesty
This post is 6308 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am currently considering purchasing an 2003 R1 , i have found a bike which appears in very good condition full history from a uk dealer, but after talking with the dealer today they have said that it is an import. I'm not sure which counrty but it was supplied by a UK dealer and has MPH clocks etc should I avoid this bike....? If not is there something I should be looking for or need to find out before commiting to purchase.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not really much you need to look out for, the main thing would to try and find out as much history from new as you can, use the number plate and contact dvla, to find out when it was registered, and where it was imported from, and get a HPI on it just to check.

One good thing though, is that some of the american imports have different coulour schemes to ours and look trick as feck.

Saw an imported 2003 R6, was raven black with Red Flames................. awesome

I am currently considering purchasing an 2003 R1 , i have found a bike which appears in very good condition full history from a uk dealer, but after talking with the dealer today they have said that it is an import. I'm not sure which counrty but it was supplied by a UK dealer and has MPH clocks etc should I avoid this bike....? If not is there something I should be looking for or need to find out before commiting to purchase.

hi imports are ok as long as you pay right money for it as you would expect to get knocked for a few quid if you px in against a uk bike at a main dealer , bout £500 -£600 behind the price of a uk bike. Also watch out for warranty recalls as uk dealers won't deal with them. how much you thinking of paying for it..

good luck stu

I think there is also a slightly higher insurance premium with import bikes too.

I agree with tont2002 as the US do get some very nice colour schemes!!!!

<_<

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online