CAT + TRACK DAY = INTERESTING ENGINE NOISE

daven
This post is 6326 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I have a thundercat which was laid up in the back yard for the last couple of years.

I recently got it back together (well last year, mostly) and took it back to castle combe this week (which was four king awesome even if i did ride like a girl - well not even that good to be honest :S)

At the end of the day it was starting to sound like a bag of nails, my mate thought the exhaust was blowing a bit, but i can definately hear a clackity clack sound, sortta like tappets ( you can hear it on the video i shot with a camera in place of the headlamp!)

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be? before i ask someone to look at it.

it got worse throughout the day, (i'm hoping to be able to post a little sound clip),

Also i noticed, parked up next to another thundercat that mine was reaching 120degrees before the fan kicked in whilst waiting to go out on the track, the fan could do little but stop it going higher, it wasn;t bringing it down, it was fine once we got going, the other guys cat wasn;t even up to 80 degrees!?

thanks in advance

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online