FAZER won't start

Eulers Strutt
This post is 6136 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My 2003 Fazer 600 is used for summer weekend rides (3000miles) and has until now been 100% reliable.

I have charged the battery over night and it is fully charged. Ignition green light comes on in neutral but starter motor will not turn-over so won't start. Any ideas please so I can get out this weekend ? Many thanks..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My 2003 Fazer 600 is used for summer weekend rides (3000miles) and has until now been 100% reliable.

I have charged the battery over night and it is fully charged. Ignition green light comes on in neutral but starter motor will not turn-over so won't start. Any ideas please so I can get out this weekend ? Many thanks..

Hi.

I had the exact same problem with my 2003 Foxeye fazer a few months ago.

According to the manual, charge etc were okay assumed battery was fine but it wasn't.

When you thumb the starter, the voltage drops immediately (as the battery is actually no chuffin' good, even though it measures full voltage and the alternator is still slapping out >14V when running) so simply not enough volts to get it started. I even had mine on a battery optimiser since I bought the bike (from new in '03), optimiser was registering full charge after 10 minutes, but that was not true.

New battery cured it. (£45 delivered off ebay, if memory serves)

Paul, Swindon - 2003 Silver Fazer 600, just passed the 3000 mile mark.... (! - Summer rides only)

Ignition green light comes on in neutral but starter motor will not turn-over so won't start.
Does the green light stay on when you press the starter? Is there anything at all happening? relay clicking, panel lights dimming slightly?

Have you checked the kill switch? :rolleyes:

Hi.

I had the exact same problem with my 2003 Foxeye fazer a few months ago.

According to the manual, charge etc were okay assumed battery was fine but it wasn't.

When you thumb the starter, the voltage drops immediately (as the battery is actually no chuffin' good, even though it measures full voltage and the alternator is still slapping out >14V when running) so simply not enough volts to get it started. I even had mine on a battery optimiser since I bought the bike (from new in '03), optimiser was registering full charge after 10 minutes, but that was not true.

New battery cured it. (£45 delivered off ebay, if memory serves)

Paul, Swindon - 2003 Silver Fazer 600, just passed the 3000 mile mark.... (! - Summer rides only)

Thanks Paul and Xmastree, have checked battery :lol: it was the chuffing owner, me! - Kill Switch, good job I'm only a brain surgeon

Andy, Puddled land

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online