Urgent help needed regarding clothing - about to take labels off

Muzz
This post is 6328 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, as i've said in a previous post i've had my first bike delivered today, to be sensible i thought i'd get alot of good clothing etc, i bought Dainese Delta leather trousers and jacket, when i tried them on in the shop the jacket felt abit tight and the trousers were fine, apparently the jacket should be tight and you should just about be able to get your hands in your pockets which i can, now the fella also sold me a KNOX back protector, now when i put this on the trousers and jacket are really tight as i guess it adds a couple of inches as it goes into your trousers at the back and sticks out round your back.

I don't want to take the labels out as it's £520 worth of kit, is this normal, will it feel ok when riding, will everything loosen up or should i take it all back and get a size up. I phoned the bloke and he just said, err thats wierd it should be ok. I want to take the bike out tomoorow morning so i am trying to persuade myself it'll all be ok.

What do you advise

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, as i've said in a previous post i've had my first bike delivered today, to be sensible i thought i'd get alot of good clothing etc, i bought Dainese Delta leather trousers and jacket, when i tried them on in the shop the jacket felt abit tight and the trousers were fine, apparently the jacket should be tight and you should just about be able to get your hands in your pockets which i can, now the fella also sold me a KNOX back protector, now when i put this on the trousers and jacket are really tight as i guess it adds a couple of inches as it goes into your trousers at the back and sticks out round your back.

I don't want to take the labels out as it's £520 worth of kit, is this normal, will it feel ok when riding, will everything loosen up or should i take it all back and get a size up. I phoned the bloke and he just said, err thats wierd it should be ok. I want to take the bike out tomoorow morning so i am trying to persuade myself it'll all be ok.

What do you advise

Thanks

I would take them back m8. If its not comfortable puttin them on how you gonna feel ridin your bike? Just go early in the mornin and get the next size up then rest of day to play! :D Try all the gear on and sit on a bike if poss. You dont want to be worrin bout how you feel in tight clothes when your tryin to ride.

Just my opinion.

I would take them back m8. If its not comfortable puttin them on how you gonna feel ridin your bike? Just go early in the mornin and get the next size up then rest of day to play! :D Try all the gear on and sit on a bike if poss. You dont want to be worrin bout how you feel in tight clothes when your tryin to ride.

Just my opinion.

I Agree a good clothing salesman should have had you sitting on the bike with all the kit to make sure it fits when your out riding , leathers will losen a little bit but you need it to be your second skin.....

Clothing salesman should let you exchange it for the next size up no dramas...

good luck

I've decided to take back this protector, it's just far to obstructive

http://www.planet-knox.com/detail2.aspx?ID=22

I've ordered one of these, which fits inside my jacket

http://www.mcaleicester.co.uk/products/saf...accessories/530

I didn't buy my gear from MCA originally but i have to say they were brilliant!

One other question about my new bike, it's 12 months old and is due a service, when i bought it they said all bikes were serviced before sale so assumed it would be the needed service and i'd have a stamp in the book but i haven't, would a pre delivery service be different from a scheduled one and will i have to pay for a service immediately now but in additon to the price of the bike, i'll call them Monday to confirm

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online