Need some advice!

dave3188
This post is 6330 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have two problems with my bike. First one.

The spark plug hole has been stripped. I can get a spark plug to screw in a bit tight, but when the engine is running, you can hear air escaping the plug hole where the plug is not tight enough. I know the right way to do it would be to take off the cylinder head and heilcoil it, but that is a pretty big job for a novice and I only paid $400 bucks for the bike. I was thinking I would just put some high temp JB weld in there. I don't want to put a whole lot of money into the bike, its pretty banged up already. I don't think putting the jb weld in there will hurt anything. Since you have to bore a bigger hole anyways to put you in a helicoil.

Second problem, for some reason my fuel pump wont come on by itself when I turn on the bike. I had to hotwire the fuel pump to my battery with switch so now it stays on all the time when I'm riding. It works great, and the bike runs but I'd rather have it come on on its own if possible. Any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online