96 yzf 600 rev bounce

kandy2314
This post is 6297 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I took of the fuel tank yesterday and worked on the engine. I put the tank back on, hooked everything up and now the tackometer bounces everyonce in a while and I don't know how to get it to stop. My friend said it was a way to display an error for the bike and it had to do with fuel lines or something similar. Please help. Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is it bouncing up to 8k and then to actual revs then to 8k again then actual revs roughly every 3 seconds ?

If so then the usual problem is that the fuel tank sender has broke ... but don't worry it can be easily repaired. Take the sensor out and you'll see that a wire has broke away from the soldered joint. Solder it back on, put it all together again and it should be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it bouncing up to 8k and then to actual revs then to 8k again then actual revs roughly every 3 seconds ?

If so then the usual problem is that the fuel tank sender has broke ... but don't worry it can be easily repaired. Take the sensor out and you'll see that a wire has broke away from the soldered joint. Solder it back on, put it all together again and it should be ok.

Thanks bud I got it fixed! now I'm havin problems with my chain and sprockets!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online