400 Special II

BobC
This post is 6311 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone run down the differences between a just old plain 77 - 84' 400cc Bike. Then the 400 special, and then the special II, and then the heritage etc.

I have a 81 400 Special II -- I've been wondering what's so special about a Special??

Thanks Bob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The Special II is the "Econo" version....with spoked wheels & a drum front brake I believe.

The Special has mag wheels & a disc front brake.....& the Heritage looks to be a combo of both :unsure: ...with spoked wheels & a disc brake up front.

Can anyone run down the differences between a just old plain 77 - 84' 400cc Bike. Then the 400 special, and then the special II, and then the heritage etc.

I have a 81 400 Special II -- I've been wondering what's so special about a Special??

Thanks Bob

as from an xs400D, custom models have 16" rear wheels, high rise bars, different frames to accomodate a different seat. engines are the same maybe minor diferences in '80 with rubber mounted engine and oil sight glass.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online