Throttle cable shrank?

MOE71
This post is 6332 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello.

I have an 86' FZ600 that I barely use, but every now and then I start it to keep it in shape. Well, beside having some air leaks on the rubber manifolds, sometimes things get sticky inside the carbs. So, I proceeded to remove the carbs to clean them (as I done 2 times before in the last 4 years) and I did not have any problems at all. As I started to put the carbs on the manifolds, I was trying to put the throttle cable back on the cable holder but I did not have enough slack on the cable. That strucked me as odd because I did not have any trouble when I pulled it off. Thinking that maybe something move on the handle bar I removed the cable from the throttle grip. To my surprise, even with the cable totally loose (I removed the whole cable off the bike) I still cannot assemble it on the carb...

I don't remember having any trouble the last 2 times I tried to do this.

Does anybody havea solution? The cable vein is not damaged and in any case it would have stretched, not shrank.

Thank you in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online