V-Star 1300

david1950
This post is 5603 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Gotta let the real riders know where the real forums are. If you like incorrect postings yoda, go read some of your own. ;)

Oh man, after reading a couple of your latest posts, I thought you had grown up Peabody, I guess I was wrong. Lets just get back to whats important. :blink:

We ride machines......

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, after reading a couple of your latest posts, I thought you had grown up Peabody, I guess I was wrong. Lets just get back to whats important. :blink:

We ride machines......

LOL! "riding machines" means something else over here. LTR, if you've read all of my posts you would see that I only get defensive where the bashing starts, but I've heard about your "wind up." I wasn't being too serious, and there really is a dedicated V Star 1300 spot on the other forum. Just a word of caution if anyone from GB goes over there. There is zero tolerance for the "wind up". I'll just leave it at that. Ride safe.

• 3 weeks later...

I Got my VSTAR 1300 on 9/7/2007.

Man what a difference! I sold my trusty Honda Aero 750, was a nice bike but not a true distance Cruiser. This is a great cruiser from what I can tell so far. Plan on going to ThunderBeach on 9/27, hope to have it broke in by then.

One problem right away is the Handle Bars, my 5'9" frame with no monkey arms can't reach the darn things unless I sit forward and reach some. Not gonna be comfortable for long distance. :D

Just Got back from Thunder Beach Sunday. Rode all the way there on the Bike. Ran great!

I found a set of 18" Ape Hangers and installed them shortly I purchased since the stock bars were so Short. I had to order longer brake, clutch, throttle cables as well. You can custom order those from http://www.phatperformanceparts.com

You can chesk out Pictures of my bike & Mods here. http://www.joffrion.net/cycle

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked mine up the other day. I love the fit and trim traded in a 02 kaw concourse and the yamaha beats the hell out of kawasaki. I do have a whine at about 30-40 mph I thought at first it was a wheel bearing but if I pull in the clutch it goes away. I think it might be in the transmission. Ant one elese have this problem? Does it go away?

just got mine may 6 it 2008 tourer only change done is to get rid of snowplow yami calls a windshield and replace with 15" shield. absolutely love it. have 400 miles on it. do notice a slight whine between 30-45 but clutch seems fine and shifts so smooth can barely hear it shift. talked to friends who also have belt drives (victorys/harleys) and all have same whine. was told it is quite common and is coming from the belt itself. no big deal as far as i am concerned. do have a clunk from front suspension when going over bumps at about 40mph and up. seems to be a common ocurrance on this bike 07 and 08,s. will probably eventually switch to an aftermarket front suspension. for now am very satisfied with bike, great balance, awesome power, noticed in last 100 miles that bike has really gained substantial power and smoothness. cant wait till after 1 st valve job to really crack the bike wide open!! have a feeling it is going to really haul ass!!!! thats all for now, would be nice to find a strictly 1300 club. anybody find one please let me know. thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! new to the forum. I finally decided to get rid of my kaw kz 1300. and decided on the v star 1300. MAN, wat a change for the good!. The kz was a polaris missle, the v star is SMOOTH, with the torque of a diesel. i love the way it handles, rides, power, etc. There is that annoying whine that i'm not really sure where exactly that it's comming from. But I can live with that. I bought the touring model with the windshield, saddle bags,and sissy bar. Now, I wish that I would have purchased the luggage rack as well! oh well, hind site is 20/20, I guess. I am waiting on the dealership to get the factory manual to me so that I can adjust the valves. I've heard that it's not the easiest thing to do, but with a little time and patience it's do able. Iv'e just past the 1000 mile mark and did the oil change at 600 mile as recomended.So far i REALLY like this bike! It's really comfortable to ride, I mainly bought it to ride to work, a 65 mile round trip per day. I just can't seem to keep my butt off of the seat, even when I'm not at work. I am really looking forward to having the bike compleatly broken in so that I can see just what kind of performance this bike puts out. Any way, Hi to all! ken

• 1 month later...

It's not a big shift, but there's some room for adjustment. Loosen the 4 allen head screws and push/pull.

Moving it aft increased the buffeting, so I pushed the top of the 'shield as far forward as possible - much as it came stock.

It doesn't have the same range of adjustment as the yamaha tall shield on my 650, but there's a bit of wiggle room.

Considering that a couple millimeters made all the difference (to me) on the handlebars, it's worth a shot.

Good luck,

George

How did you adjust the bars, to what height from the ground? I tried couple of different positions, but I am still not happy..looking for different bars also, any suggestions anyone?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I got my 1300 about 6 months ago to cut down my work commute time. In a car it was 5 hours round trip. (Mostly at 0 to 10 MPH in traffic.) It is now 2 hours round trip. I'm now saving enough on my gas bill to cover the payments on the bike and the insurance. I love the ride, the 1300 is great! My only complaint is also the handlebars as I am 5'8". As I have yet to ride for any length of time in a single trip it hasn't been too big of a problem.

I only get defensive where the bashing starts,

Dude....

With all due respect, this is how we deal with things here in England.

EVERY biker will take the piss out of whatever you ride...

If you're a Cruiser, then you're a posey gay boy who likes dressing up like the biker from Village People.

If you're on a Tourer, you're an old fart who should be wrapped up at home reading Donohue transcripts and renting Alan Alda films.

If you're on a Sports, you're a crazy speed freak, not old enough to shave and will die in a horrific high-speed crash within the year.

And so on.....

People give serious digs. You just have to be thick skinned about it.

Then again, we can get away with it here coz no-one owns handguns.... I reckon if we tried that in teh US, we'd be shot at the first insult.

Just a word of caution if anyone from GB goes over there. There is zero tolerance for the "wind up". I'll just leave it at that. Ride safe.

We have people like that here, too.

Zero Tolerance and all that. They're usually the most Politically Correct types, too.

Means I can't have a laugh with my short-ass friend, because he's actually "vertically challenged" and I ought to be sensitive to his problems.

I really wish these people would come up to the local Clubhouse and listen to some of the guys there telling Nigger jokes whilst sat next to a giggling fellow MC member of "Afro-Caribbean Origin"!!!

As for 1300 forums.... Well, I'm sure we all wish we had our own forum for each and every single different bike we own...... I've seen several for the 1300, mostly with the same sort of posts and not many of those, either.

It's a relatively new bike, so there's not much to talk about yet.

Even the 2006 DV 700 is still being discovered.

Patience :D

Incidentally, I tried a 1300 out once. Preferred my 650 Drag (sorry, V-Star) as it had a better balance of power-to-weight and was easier to park in the awkward spaces.

Also too much flash and streamlined 'flowing lines' brochure bollocks. Yam have stopped doing Custom styling, for some very annoying reason.

• 1 month later...

how does one manage to tilt the windshield back? mine seems to have only one fixed position.

I took off the main brackets, slotted the holes till the top hole almost breaks through and it lowers it about 3/4", if the slots are a little wider it will tilt back a little more also. Im 6'4 and now i just look ove rthe top of the windshield. I tried a medium and it was to short..bugs, wind etc. tall windshield was to high but the slots worked perfect now for me. I tried a 21" custom winshield with no holes..but i cracked it when drilling...stupid me..dont recomend it..*s*

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online