yb100 forks

pfcdaz
This post is 6235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, my first post on here as i have recently bought an old yamaha.

ok here's the deal. i have a 1985 yb100 that i have been putting back together, bought off ebay for a pitance. everything is ready for the MOT, the final job was to replace the fork oil seals and put in some freash oil, as i topped up the oil it started leaking from a patch on the surface of the lower right fork leg, a very bad repair job by a previous owner.

I am struggling to find a replacement fork, partsearch have not come up trumps yet, but someone suggested that the forks from an rs100 might fit.

does anyone know if this is true, or if there are any other forks that would fit. my bike is a 1985 c reg yb100, the later 18N model.

cheers

Darren

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

right then...on the plus side i have managed to repair the fork with a patch. seems to be holding up ok, however now i have a new problem.

the previous owner has damaged the seat at the top of the lower leg where the fork seal goes, i think he has used pliers on it at some point and flattened what should be a perfectly circular seat. this means the oil seal won't fit properly. i am paranoid about wrecking the fork while trying to unbend the metal, and it is quite thick so not easy to do, any suggestions, i could really use the help, cos the local bike shop want £50+ to do the job for me.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online