XS360 intake carb holders/boots

jakwi
This post is 6319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just obtained a 77 xs360 2d but the intake carb holders/boots are cracked and need replacement. I've called around to the usual sources and they are discontinued and unavailable.

So does anyone know of other nos sources?

or is there a set of boots from another bike that will work? ie the xs400

or worst case has anyone ever repair a cracked set? I'm thinking high temp rtv

thanks for the help,

Jason

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just obtained a 77 xs360 2d but the intake carb holders/boots are cracked and need replacement. I've called around to the usual sources and they are discontinued and unavailable.

So does anyone know of other nos sources?

or is there a set of boots from another bike that will work? ie the xs400

or worst case has anyone ever repair a cracked set? I'm thinking high temp rtv

thanks for the help,

Jason

take measurements and I'll check my 400 ones

Drewpy,

Hey thanks a lot I really appreceate it. Mine have an inside diameter of about 1 and 1/4 inches and the bolt holes are about 2 and 5/8 inches from center to center

I tried high temp rtv to repair them. and it helped a lot the bike idles a lot more stabely (SP?), but it still reves a little when I spray starter fluid. Not as much, but my problem is similar to the other guys. one minute I have my idle adjusted for around 1700 rpms and the next it is screaming along at 4000 rpms and I can't get it to back off. It's almost like the carb has no off idle to 4000 rpm capacity. It's either doing one or the other. Other than this it seems to run great.

As for history the bike has sat for 9 yrs and the one carb was totally gumed up, I couldn't move the cv piston or rotate the butterfly. I freed those two things up and they seem to be acting normally, but I have no idea about other aspects of the carbs. What does a carb rebuild cost?

The rubber boot on the other carb is definately cracked all the way through, the rtv helped, but it started bubbling once the motor heated up.

Well any way I appreceate any help or pointers

jason

take measurements and I'll check my 400 ones

Drewpy,

Hey thanks a lot I really appreceate it. Mine have an inside diameter of about 1 and 1/4 inches and the bolt holes are about 2 and 5/8 inches from center to center

I tried high temp rtv to repair them. and it helped a lot the bike idles a lot more stabely (SP?), but it still reves a little when I spray starter fluid. Not as much, but my problem is similar to the other guys. one minute I have my idle adjusted for around 1700 rpms and the next it is screaming along at 4000 rpms and I can't get it to back off. It's almost like the carb has no off idle to 4000 rpm capacity. It's either doing one or the other. Other than this it seems to run great.

As for history the bike has sat for 9 yrs and the one carb was totally gumed up, I couldn't move the cv piston or rotate the butterfly. I freed those two things up and they seem to be acting normally, but I have no idea about other aspects of the carbs. What does a carb rebuild cost?

The rubber boot on the other carb is definately cracked all the way through, the rtv helped, but it started bubbling once the motor heated up.

Well any way I appreceate any help or pointers

jason

I get the same measurments on mine and you should have 34mm carbs which are the same as the 400 so your good to go.

A rebuild cost; get a keyster kit from ebay (canadian company) and send the lot off to a ultrasonic cleaner who does carbs (150$ ish)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online