removing rear pegs??

Matt Hillyard
This post is 6336 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Has anyone done this?? Is it an easy job and does it make the bike look a lot better???

I am thinking of doing this but dont want it to become a hassle when i want to take someone on the back as i dont think the other half will be too chuffed if i have to spend hours doing it to take her out on it!!!!

=P

Cheers!!!!

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I've taken my rear pegs off, and put em back on and took em off ...... see where I'm going !

You need to remove the rider seat to get to the bolts that undo them, the front bolt on each side is slightly fiddly to get to because of the bodywork, however I just took a nic or two from the bodywork (it's hidden unfder the seat anyway) to make removal and refitting a bit quicker/easier.

The most fiddly job on mine is having to fit the exhaust strap each time, I plan to add in an thin extra nut that goes between the hanger and the strap so when I remove the hangar it doesn't loosen the strap from the exhaust.

Takes about 10 mins to change over.

I see where your going and i guess unless i am going to tell the other half shes not allowed on it, i sould prob just leave them on to save myself a lot of hassle fiddling about for an hour just to put the pegs back on! hmmmm.....

..........now how can i tell her nicely!!! lol

:lol:

I see where your going and i guess unless i am going to tell the other half shes not allowed on it, i sould prob just leave them on to save myself a lot of hassle fiddling about for an hour just to put the pegs back on! hmmmm.....

..........now how can i tell her nicely!!! lol

:lol:

Tell her you got cheaper insurance by not taking pillion cover :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If i said that, she would only want the money to be spent on a bag for her!!! lol

Hmmmm.....

think keeping the pegs might save my soft and tenders getting a bit of a kick!! lol

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: