Need HELP...

waxamilion
This post is 6340 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

whats up all!? I am a brand new owner of a yamaha xj650 maxim and am having some issues that hopefully some of you guys can help me out with...

1. I'll turn on the engine but sometimes as I put the bike in 1st gear, then theres a lil jolt to the bike....??

2. as soon as I try to give it some throttle into first..the bike dies.....once in awhile theres a lil puff of black smoke that comes out of the carb holder if im revving.....??

thanks for whatever input you might have...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

whats up all!? I am a brand new owner of a yamaha xj650 maxim and am having some issues that hopefully some of you guys can help me out with...

1. I'll turn on the engine but sometimes as I put the bike in 1st gear, then theres a lil jolt to the bike....??

2. as soon as I try to give it some throttle into first..the bike dies.....once in awhile theres a lil puff of black smoke that comes out of the carb holder if im revving.....??

thanks for whatever input you might have...

a lot of bikes will give a little jolt as they go into first, but as you say it dies some times in first there maybe a small chance of a wrongly adjusted clutch, if it is a cable adjusted one try adjusting it so the clutch bites further from the handle bar. as for the puff of smoke... over to someone else.. sorry.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online