back firering

The 400 Xs special
This post is 6218 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so i just start working on my bike its a old 400 xs special and it's running rich on the left side i think it might be timing but im not for sure i have white smoke comming out the left exhaust and it back fires alot. what do you think?

thanks

The 400 xs special

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

so i just start working on my bike its a old 400 xs special and it's running rich on the left side i think it might be timing but im not for sure i have white smoke comming out the left exhaust and it back fires alot. what do you think?

thanks

The 400 xs special

I have the haynes shop manual but the contact breaker isn't the same style and i can't figure out how to adjust it

thanks

The 400 xs special

HAD SOME BACKFIREING ABOUT 2 YR AGO , HADNT NIPPED HEADER PIPES ON TIGHT ,DONT KNOW WHY BUT IT CAUSES BF , ALSO BUILD UP OF UN BURNT FUEL IN CARBS