tdm900 snatchy throttle

This post is 2505 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

has anyone had probs with snatchy throttle on tdm 900 I know its injected but its realy like an on off switch any mods about ?

Hi I have the same problem but think its due to being injection. I am going to fit a pair of race pipes, k and n filter, then a power commander, it aint cheap but will sound and run a lot better from the many mechanics i have spoken to about this problem. Also as its a twin it shows even more when in traffik, pity i cant afford to do it till next month cos im riding to africa on it in two weeks!!!!! if you hear of an alternative, im all ears!!

has anyone had probs with snatchy throttle on tdm 900 I know its injected but its realy like an on off switch any mods about ?

Hi Damuso I would like to correct my response the other day !!!! this goes to all tdm 900 owners.

I brought my TDM 900 (02 plate) last year and have covered 10,000 miles since including a trip to morocco and back last year. Im off again in two weeks to marakesh. Had a 25K service last thursday thinking the bike might be less snatchy but still the same. Spoke to orwell motorcycles of ipswich saturday and asked about the snatchy throttle problem which has been there since day one. They checked the frame number and informed me that yamaha issued a recall last november for the free replacement of the throttle sensor. This is a known problem which is sorted easily, (approximatly 1/2 hour job) original 1st owners were contacted, but if you brought 2nd hand you may not have been. Bowyers of bury st edmunds could get the bike in sooner so being sorted next week. Apparently the new sensor completely transforms the bike and smooths out the snatchy throttle issue. If you phone a yamaha dealer with your bikes details their system will tell you if your bike was affected and also if it was ever sorted!!! this has just saved me the cost of a power commander and end cans etc.. . although i now have to find a new excuse to put the pipes on, still it will save me wobbling gingerly round roundabouts and filtering. Hope this helps !!!!!!!! and sorry for talking sh%&e before!! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Go to the Carpe TDM site, there is a simple mod to the airbox that sorts it out perfectly! I was ready to sell my TDM then I found this mod and I love it! Takes 10 mins, honest!

sooo true. I had the bike two years before doing it... more fool me!

• 3 months later...

My '02 TDM had this problem and I had the throttle sensor replaced under warranty this year, despite the bike's age. Should be worth asking your nearest dealer as a starting point

• 1 year later...

I carried out the Carpe TDM Mod on my TDM900, It has transformed the bike. As another TDMer said "The bike always felt in the wrong gear in traffic", the TDM is now so much smoother after the Mod has been done. Every TDM 9 owner should do it.

• 6 months later...

I carried out the Carpe TDM Mod on my TDM900, It has transformed the bike. As another TDMer said "The bike always felt in the wrong gear in traffic", the TDM is now so much smoother after the Mod has been done. Every TDM 9 owner should do it.

• 1 year later...

There are other mods you can do as well.

This is from the Carpe forum posted by JBX

Try this :

- engine idle : 1200 rpm or more

- CO setup : The adjustment of the idle mixture is one of the engine operation parameters controled by anti-pollution standards (EURO2 / EURO3). Compliance with these standards requires a lean mixture corresponding to less than 1% of CO, while the requirement of a better driving capability involves a richer mixture with a CO level ranging from 3% to 6%.

(quoted from my site)

- throttle cable free play

- chain slack

• 5 years later...

Barturuas, this post was started in 2007 and the last post was in 2011, it's AN OLD THREAD, start a new thread instead of resurrecting old ones mate. 

• Cynic locked this topic
This post is 2505 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.