SR250 Starter

V* Pilot
This post is 6345 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the Starter on my 1980 SR250G is so slow, I never know if it is going to start. Even with a new and charged battery it is a crap shoot if it is going to start. I've pulled the starter,lubed it, checked the brushes & comutator. Once running it is a fun bike for just putting around. Is this slowness normal?

A little more on the bike. It sat outside for around 7 years on a friends back porch and he just gave it to me. The forks are pitted and probably going to need replacing as they'll take out the seals real fast

Any info would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the Starter on my 1980 SR250G is so slow, I never know if it is going to start. Even with a new and charged battery it is a crap shoot if it is going to start. I've pulled the starter,lubed it, checked the brushes & comutator. Once running it is a fun bike for just putting around. Is this slowness normal?

A little more on the bike. It sat outside for around 7 years on a friends back porch and he just gave it to me. The forks are pitted and probably going to need replacing as they'll take out the seals real fast

Any info would be appreciated.

If its anything like the starter on my Virago the windings are shorting out, was ok to start with then went slower to the point it wouldnt engage the starter clutch, now just wont turn at all, quoted £216 + vat for a new one :-(

Rob

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online