MT03 Engine Cases

starshine_tara
This post is 6163 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everybody!

I bought my new MT03 last saturday. Totally loving it!

However, 3 days after taking it away from the showroom I dropped it in a carpark!!! DOH! It rides great of course - just a little tall for me...

Anyway, I have searched online for aftermarket engine cases or covers as my rear brake lever bent into my engine case damaging it. I just can't find any! No replacements other than OEM?

Tara

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Everybody!

I bought my new MT03 last saturday. Totally loving it!

However, 3 days after taking it away from the showroom I dropped it in a carpark!!! DOH! It rides great of course - just a little tall for me...

Anyway, I have searched online for aftermarket engine cases or covers as my rear brake lever bent into my engine case damaging it. I just can't find any! No replacements other than OEM?

Tara

Follow Up:

Got the replacement engine case, footbrake lever, and pillion seat - all for only £107!!! :D

Gonna get em fitted at the first service and at these prices, no worries!! Aftermarket? Why bother!

Tara

Tara

Did you buy new OEM parts in the end?

Must be something to do with MT-03's cause my mate dropped his in a car park with about forty seasoned bikers watching. Luckily he only took paint off the clutch cover. Poor fella...still if it's goin' to cost less than a ton to put right it was a laugh worth having.

I have to admit that I've done something similar myself in the past so you're not alone with this.

7.62fmj

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online