front sprocket removal, chain stuck

This post is 6256 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there i have took the back wheel off to change the tyre but as the bikes been stode for afew weeks now i thought id start it just to give it a run but i forgot to put it in nuetral as the light do'nt work and whn it i kicked it over the the sprocket turned and got the chain stuck, is it easy to get the front sprocket off without taking the left side engine casing off as i dont really want to drain any fluidsg unless theres a easier way??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im confused by your question dtr_125,if your chain is jammed between your front sprocket and the engine case then its

just a matter of removing the left side cover and sorting it out.

ye but wouldnt you have to drain any fluids like on the other side theres the gearbox oil, wasted to know if you could take the sprocket off without taking the cover off if i would have to drain anything, and the chain if jammed between the sprocket and the swingarm

Just take the cover off there is no oil or anything like that.On that side of your engine i would guess is the flywheel so

everything will be nice and dry.Its not a big job,remove the gear change lever and the cover screws and remove cover.

cheers nice one i just didnt want to have to get a new gasket and stuff if it had fluids in ill go give it a go now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online