MT-03 TANK RANGE

andyeil
This post is 6156 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello all....thinking about getting one of these but not sure about the tiny 15L tank and lack of fuel gauge...what sort of

tank range/mpg are you getting ...cheers

Hi Andy!

I just got one and they are great!!

Regarding tank range, I had my fuel warning light come on at 84 miles the other day. The good news is that this happens with about a third of the tank left. Once your fuel light goes on, you then get a 'fuel trip' display telling you how far you have travelled since the fuel warning light came on - rather than 'trip 1', 'trip 2', or the Odo. I suspect that my 84 miles was the result of me hooning away from the lights all the time...I can't help it!

Anyway, the MT03 is not the bike to buy as a practical tourer. It is however a very capable and fun streetbike that does not put your license at too much risk by exposing you to high BHP figures (my reason for getting one - I currently have 8 points). Low and mid-range torque is the way-of-the-walk here!

Regards

Tara

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all....thinking about getting one of these but not sure about the tiny 15L tank and lack of fuel gauge...what sort of

tank range/mpg are you getting ...cheers

hi Andy have ridden an MT-03 for a few days great bike (while my MT01 was getting some warranty work done and i found it was doing bout 120 miles to a tank but as tara said can't help yourself cracking it away from the lights and coming down the box loved it.

stu

Guest Tantalus

You might get a bit more information in the following topic which is all about MT03 fuel lights etc: MT Owners Club Forum.

We would be happy to see you there. The site is dedicated to the MT series of motorcycle. KODO !!

Yep! A ton twenty is about all you're gonna get from the beast. I'm filling up every other day as a result of my 35 mile commute into the big city. Great bike...Get one! KODO!

Hi. I get an easy 120miles to a tank but that's after a daily 6 miles each way commute to work with a short time warming the bike up. On longer journeys I have got in a good few more miles. I'd say an easy 150 miles including reserve. Also depends on how much stick you give it tho! ;)

Hi. I get an easy 120miles to a tank but that's after a daily 6 miles each way commute to work with a short time warming the bike up. On longer journeys I have got in a good few more miles. I'd say an easy 150 miles including reserve. Also depends on how much stick you give it tho! ;)

Stick is good! No?