no clutch action

serioussam
This post is 6353 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I was riding my TZR250 (2ma 1990) home tonight and the clutch cable broke, so I changed gears without it. When I got home the I had a good look at the cable and it is intact but there is no tension on the cable. It appears to be something inside the clutch case. Any ideas?

Thanks Fellas

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure which side the cable goes to on that bike but it could be a brocken push rod, (between end of clutch cable assembly and clutch). I think you've got no alternative but to take things apart and have a look.

Not sure which side the cable goes to on that bike but it could be a brocken push rod, (between end of clutch cable assembly and clutch). I think you've got no alternative but to take things apart and have a look.

could be similar to my xs400 clutch in the fact that there is a worm drive under the case and the cable connects via a slotted arm.

Either the nipple has broken off or the plastic "worm drive" has sheared

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online