plz help tzr125 1989 revving strangely

danidge
This post is 6219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

right, first of all im not sure what the settings for the mixture and idle are supposed to be but ive tryed ultering to solve the problem but it stil does the same thing. when the idle is set too low the engine cuts out (as it should) but when the idle is turned up so it nearly ticks over ok when you rev the bike the revvs stay around 3-5000 and drop slowly if atall. andone got and ideas? or an old tzr handbook they could scan in the info for me :).

thanks,

Dan.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

right, first of all im not sure what the settings for the mixture and idle are supposed to be but ive tryed ultering to solve the problem but it stil does the same thing. when the idle is set too low the engine cuts out (as it should) but when the idle is turned up so it nearly ticks over ok when you rev the bike the revvs stay around 3-5000 and drop slowly if atall. andone got and ideas? or an old tzr handbook they could scan in the info for me :).

thanks,

Dan.

Hi Dan, assuming that the slide is returning fully to the idle position , look for an air leak on the inlet manifold, could be a split in the inlet rubber.

Hope this helps, Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan, assuming that the slide is returning fully to the idle position , look for an air leak on the inlet manifold, could be a split in the inlet rubber.

Hope this helps, Martin

me and a friends dad have searched for air leeks and havent found any, i am getting some new reeds because ive been told that when there old and worn they could alter the mixture by not working properly. thanks for your help if you have any more ideas let me know :)

it sounds like crank case seals

yeah ive been told this could also be the problem, sigh, thats expendsive isnt it?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online