wiring fault fixed but still problems

This post is 6219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

awhile back i had a problem with all the electrics as the back indicator had been smashed so didnt work then everything stopped working, discovered that all the wires under the seat had melted together( shorted out from indicator i think) so after hours and many lenths of wire fixed all the wires so everything works fine now, horn, alarm, lights ect.

the problem now is the neutral light and oil light dont work anymore, iv looked at all the rest of the wires under the seat and headlight but there all fine, could it be anything to do with a relay or something, or whatever detects its in neutral from the gearbox? thanks 4 anyhelp in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

awhile back i had a problem with all the electrics as the back indicator had been smashed so didnt work then everything stopped working, discovered that all the wires under the seat had melted together( shorted out from indicator i think) so after hours and many lenths of wire fixed all the wires so everything works fine now, horn, alarm, lights ect.

the problem now is the neutral light and oil light dont work anymore, iv looked at all the rest of the wires under the seat and headlight but there all fine, could it be anything to do with a relay or something, or whatever detects its in neutral from the gearbox? thanks 4 anyhelp in advance

do the neutral and oil light both sit in the same clock, also you checked the bulbs - there not blown are they ?

• 3 weeks later...

hi got it sorted now i took the generator cover off to change the sprocket and just thought id give the wires a wiggle and they started workin again so put abit WD40 to clean out any moister and done the trick.