Hi

Kenbo
This post is 6337 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

New to this biking buisness but allways wanted to to do it.

I have just got myself a Yamamha XJ650 (so I have been told) It is a non runner having been kept outside for two years.

So it is a little restoration project for me. Some way to learn about bikes <_< So I apolagise now if i ask to many questions.

Will know about the bike when I get a copy of the log book from DVLA

Can anyone advise me of a club in Central Scotland that might be good for me to attend?

Day one untouched

web2.gif

web1.gif

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all

New to this biking buisness but allways wanted to to do it.

I have just got myself a Yamamha XJ650 (so I have been told) It is a non runner having been kept outside for two years.

So it is a little restoration project for me. Some way to learn about bikes <_< So I apolagise now if i ask to many questions.

Will know about the bike when I get a copy of the log book from DVLA

Can anyone advise me of a club in Central Scotland that might be good for me to attend?

Day one untouched

web2.gif

web1.gif

Hi...'Kenbo'

:D :D hi there dude nice bike :D :D

:welcome: to the forum Kenbo

The only stupid questions are the one's that DON'T get asked. :D

XJ's are a great place to start into the 2-wheel Yamaha realm. :thumb:

I've owned 4 of 'em myself. ;)

Thanks for the welcome

She is a nonrunner at the moment so a little restoration project. Beats watching TV

Off to see a dealer tomorow need keys for her and a new battery but on the whole not in too bad shape for an 81 and I payed £0 for her (she was going to be scraped :o )

She is a nonrunner at the moment so a little restoration project. Beats watching TV

Off to see a dealer tomorow need keys for her and a new battery but on the whole not in too bad shape for an 81 and I payed £0 for her (she was going to be scraped :o )

I started off that way with my 1st XJ......only I paid $200 for a box of bits :blink:

A few months & another 500bux later, I was riding her everyday....did that for 13 years before I sold it with over 130k on the clock. B)

This is what the finished product looked like.....

MySeca.jpg

So you're miles ahead already with a complete bike for NO initial cost....good score! :thumb:

£0? Nice one!

Yeh well I got it not far from you Boozehound picked it up in Erskine {hope you live upto your name}

Spent a couple of quid on a new battery and ignition barrel (though i already managed to hot wire it) and she tries to run but wont catch. Checked fule is coming out of the tank ok but not getting through to spark plugs (still dry after several failed attempts to start her) So I am looking at rebuilding the carbs.

Taking my time though and learing everythng I need to know about the carbs BEFORE i remove them from the bike :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online