DT125R Oil Warning Light

This post is 6219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

Have just bought a 1998 DT125R and have noticed a slight (?) problem with it. I was hoping one of you more knowledgeable folk could help.

When I start the bike, the oil warning light comes on and stays on, when the bike is in neutral. As soon as I select a gear, the oil warning lamp goes out (as does the neutral light). There is plenty of oil in the tank.

I was wondering if it might be an electrical problem in the clock unit maybe, as the oil warning lamp seems to come on and off with the neutral lamp?

Or is this supposed to happen and the bike is trying to tell me something? I don't have an owners manual, and the Haynes manual says nothing about it.

Can anyone help please?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's fine. It's just a part of the circuit to confirm everything is in working order. It's only when it comes on while you're in gear or doesn't come on at all that you need to give it some attention.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online