Thundercat Immobiliser, please help!

tj100
This post is 5693 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Alright folks,

My thundercat came fitted with a YM4 smartlock immobiliser (the one with the ring around the ignition with a little red light and an orange wire....), which has been fine til now has started cutting out my ignition while riding! its only happened a few times, and when it does the fob just needs to be nudged to deactivate it again but its a bit unnerving, if it happened during an overtake i'd be toast.

Any ideas? dodgy contact? from looking at the instructions it looks like all the joints have been wrapped with heat shrinking stuff, so is it a dealer job?

any help would be much appreciated.

Ta.

Tom.

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Alright folks,

My thundercat came fitted with a YM4 smartlock immobiliser (the one with the ring around the ignition with a little red light and an orange wire....), which has been fine til now has started cutting out my ignition while riding! its only happened a few times, and when it does the fob just needs to be nudged to deactivate it again but its a bit unnerving, if it happened during an overtake i'd be toast.

Any ideas? dodgy contact? from looking at the instructions it looks like all the joints have been wrapped with heat shrinking stuff, so is it a dealer job?

any help would be much appreciated.

Ta.

Tom.

hi man i have sumtin like that i have the same YM4 but my fob is nolonger working it just stoped does any one no wat has happened

Immobiliser fault most likely.

Most common cause is water ingress. Have you been riding in severe rain lately or used a pressure washer on the bike?