1988 Radian YX600 Electrical Problem

rebeldog
This post is 6352 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I need to find out how to check the rectifier/regulator. After 1 week of riding the battery will go dead. I have a brand new battery, check the generator output at the battery. At idle I got battery voltage, at high rev I got up to 14.85 volts. I can figure what is causing me this problem. Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i had exactly the same problem, the main thing is that the lights are on canstantly which is draining the bettery. It sounds like there is nothing wrong with the regulator if there is 14+ volts getting back to the bettery, try looking at the connector block to the regulator it might be curroded if so clean it off with some connection cleaner and either cover it in silicone or in grease and try running it without the fuse for the headlight in for a day or 2 and thats should sort it. chin_dragon

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online