05 fz6 tick over problems

samgt750
This post is 6168 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

JUST BECAME OWNER OF 2005 FZ6 WITH 700 MILES ON CLOCK WHAT A BIKE BUT AFTER A COUPLE OF DAYS I HAVE FOUND THE TICK OVER IS POOR WHEN WARM IT WILL NEARLY STALL ANY BODY HAD THIS PROBLEB SAM

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

JUST BECAME OWNER OF 2005 FZ6 WITH 700 MILES ON CLOCK WHAT A BIKE BUT AFTER A COUPLE OF DAYS I HAVE FOUND THE TICK OVER IS POOR WHEN WARM IT WILL NEARLY STALL ANY BODY HAD THIS PROBLEB SAM

tick over?

you mean the exup noise??

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked if the bike's had the recall work for the throttle position sensor? Not all FZ6's were affected, some more than others, but Yamaha dealers will still replace the TPS for free regardless of whether it's faulty or not. The dealer should be able to tell you if the recall work has been done if you're not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you checked if the bike's had the recall work for the throttle position sensor? Not all FZ6's were affected, some more than others, but Yamaha dealers will still replace the TPS for free regardless of whether it's faulty or not. The dealer should be able to tell you if the recall work has been done if you're not sure.

Hi there you can tell yourself if the recall has been done as Yamaha Dealers stamp a dot above the chassis number on the bike

cheers